Dolphin Dies due to Selfie

In Argentina a tourist had taken a live dolphin out of the water in order to take a selfie with the animal. “It’s the second time in a year that this has occurred in Argentina alone: In February 2016, a rare La Plata baby dolphin died after tourists in the resort of Santa Teresita removed it from the water to pass around and take selfies with, eventually leaving it in the sand.” This was very hard for me to read and see being an animal lover and a dolphin being my favorite animal it breaks my heart that some people are that stupid to take a living dolphin and take it out of the ocean just to pet it.  Not only has this happened with dolphins but with peacocks too in a zoo in China and with a bison at Yellowstone National Park. Not only did the tourist take the dolphin out and let it die she left the dead dolphin in the sand. If I was in the tourist shoes i first wouldn’t try to take the dolphin out of the water i would go in and pet it if I had the urge to and secondly i wouldn’t try to take a selfie i would take a picture at a respectible distance . Reading this it surprises me how low people will go to get a picture.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/02/03/another-baby-dolphin-dies-due-to-selfie-taking-tourists.html

3 thoughts on “Dolphin Dies due to Selfie

1. I think people take things to far sometimes, taking an innocent animal out of the water and letting it die just so you can have a cute selfie is horrible.